Barcelona SAE’s 6-12 Week Customized Internships are a great way to get valuable international work experience, boost your resumé, and build your professional network on a global scale! Placements are available for a variety of fields in both English and Spanish, for durations of 6, 8, 10, or 12 weeks…or more!
Today, more and more employers are looking for international experience from their prospective employees. If you’re looking to gain an edge that’ll make you a top candidate in a future job search, you should embark on a Customized Internship in Barcelona! Improve your professional portfolio, boost your resumé, increase your professional network internationally, learn about Spanish and Catalan business culture, and improve your cross-cultural communication skills…all reasons why interning through Barcelona SAE is one of the absolute BEST investments that you can make for your future!
You will come away with a Certificate of Completion, a recommendation letter for a job well done, international experience, international professional contacts and some Spanish under your belt. Barcelona SAE internships are offered year-round (excluding some dates in August and December). Customized internships start at 6 weeks in length and can stretch to 12 weeks (or more)!
All Barcelona SAE internships do not offer academic credit by default, however, we are happy to now offer three different ways to receive credit for students who are interested in that option! Please visit our website for more details.
- Minimum G.P.A. Requirement: 2.5
- Class Requirement: Freshman-Senior Standing
- Language Requirement: Although helpful, no previous Spanish language knowledge is required.
WHY INTERN IN BARCELONA?
Barcelona is an innovative and professionally thriving city, which makes it an incredible place to intern. The city allows for professional growth and international exposure to the business world. Despite economic struggles in the rest of Spain, Barcelona continues to flourish, internationalize and succeed, making it the ideal city to develop your professional goals and gain work experience.
Barcelona SAE offers customizable placements in the following fields:
Don’t see your major listed? Don’t worry! Since our internships are 100% customized, just contact an advisor today and we’ll help you find the placement that’s right for you!
- Culinary Arts
- Event Planning
- Government & Politics
- Graphic Design
- Health & Fitness
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Information Technology
- International Business
- Public Relations
- …and MORE!
All Barcelona SAE Customized Internships Include:
Countdown to Barcelona:
- Professional Skype Interview
- Cover Letter & Resume Coaching
- Personalized Advising
- One Year Digital Subscription to the New York Times
While in Barcelona:
- Customized Internship Placement
- Airport Pick-Up (Must Arrive BEFORE 12pm on Program Start Date)
- Logistical & Cultural Orientations
- Staff Escort to First Day of Internship
- Intensive Spanish Language Courses (6 Week Interns = One Week, 8, 10 & 12 Week Interns = Two Weeks)
- Housing for the Duration of Program (Homestays include Breakfast/Dinner!)
- Comprehensive Medical & Accident Insurance through CISI
- 24-Hour Emergency Support
- Full-Time, Native English Speaking Staff of Barcelona Experts
- Independent Travel Advice
Professional, Cultural, & Social Activities:
- "Working Across Cultures” Workshop
- Day Trip(s) Outside of Barcelona – 6 & 8 Week Interns Receive One Day Trip, 10 & 12 Week Interns Receive Two Day Trips (Tarragona, Girona, Montserrat, Figures, Besalú, etc.)
- The “Barcelona Bucket List” (Suggestions of 100 Different Things to Experience in Barcelona!)
- Weekly Cultural Agenda (The Local Perspective of What’s Happening Each Week!)
- Weekly Cultural Activities (Cooking Classes, Salsa Lessons, Barrio Tours, and MORE!)
- Intercambios (Language Exchanges with Local Students)
- Barcelona “Mentor” Program & Cultural Dinner
- Welcome Hike & Traditional Catalan Meal
- Re-Entry Workshop & Farewell Meal
A weekend excursion(s) outside of Barcelona is available at an additional cost.
For Continued Success After the Program:
- Alumni & Career Services
- Invitation to Barcelona SAE’s LinkedIn Alumni Group
- Opportunity to Apply for Barcelona SAE’s “Best of the Best” Internship Program
- Opportunity to Apply to be a “Barcelona SAE Campus Ambassador Intern” on Your Home Campus
- Invitations to Study Abroad & Internship Returnee Conferences Throughout the U.S.
…and SO MUCH MORE!
The Program Does Not Include:
- Round-Trip Airfare to/from Barcelona
- Visa Costs (If Applicable)
- Mobile Phones & Charges
- Local Transportation
- Personal Items
So…what are you waiting for? APPLY TODAY and get ready to embark on the Barcelona experience of a lifetime!